Translate

Tuesday 7 March 2017

One Door Closes Journal Page

Hi everyone,

I thought I would just share another journal page that I made around this time last year. The Stampotique door stamp had been on my wish list for ages so I was in my own little heaven when I eventually bought it.  Once in hand, I couldn't wait to set to on this journal page.  So here it is.....



I used a couple of colours of Ranger DP (sorry, I can't recall which they were now. Broken China and Faded Jeans perhaps?) which I worked/blended with a damp wet wipe so that the outside edge of each page was darker, the centres left lighter. Using a texture stamp and the same colours but this time in DI,  I randomly stamped, using the 2nd generation stamping technique, over each page. Then I inked through TH's brick stencil with brown DI and edged each page with the same colour to frame them.


 Then I went to work on my doors.  Firstly I stamped two images and cut out the door panels and glued them onto another couple of stamped images to add a little depth and dimension to each door. I did the same with the little hearts and added a tiny brad for the door knobs on each.  For the door on the RH page I stamped and fussy cut an extra set of hinges and backed the door with Ranger tissue paper.

I shaded and coloured both doors using my Ranger DIs. The little hearts were coated with Glossy Accents and then when dry, each door was coated in Ranger Crackle Paint. I took care not to coat the little hearts with crackle paint as I wanted these left clear so they would stand out.


And this is when one of those happy accidents occurred. Because I had used Ranger tissue and mat medium to the back of one of my doors, when the crackle paint dried it began to chip off where the mat medium had been thickest, leaving the coloured tissue paper in the centre of the door exposed.

Horror turned to being chuffed to little mint balls when I saw how awesome the effect looked....YEA!!!




As you can see there are a couple or three gruesome Stammpotique 'friends' behind the RHS door.  Using craft card and TH's Shattered stencil I blended Ranger DI through the stencil with an ink blending tool, splattered with a little Black Soot DI and then stamped the image of the three 'friend' in black Archival Ink. A touch of white marker pen to their eyes made the image pop a little better.



For the door frame and to hide the magnet closure for the RHS door,  I used some brown textured card from my stashed which I  distressed with a little Ranger Black Soot DI here and there.




Finally I added my title across each page in freehand and highlighted in grey with a FC big bush marker pen and white gel pen.


You can just make out the random texture stamping on the background in these last two photographs.

 I really enjoyed making this page, simple though it is.  Every time I leaf through my journal to find a new page to work on, I can't help flicking open the RH door to see those little chaps and hear the satisfying snap of the magnet as it closes the door afterwards  .... simple pleasures, ah.

Have a wonderful day and if you can, find a moment of two to craft this week. Bye for now.

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment