Translate

Saturday 17 March 2018

New Tag - Beauty is Subjective

I can't believe it is almost a year since I posted on my blog...shameful. But at least I've not been idle...just idle posting or sharing my creations!

To make amends I'll share some of my most recent makes over the next couple of days.  To start off here is a tag I created, a couple of days ago, as part of Rachel's  weekly blog (Artful Evidence) challenge.... the theme last week was butterflies.

Unfortunately I'm not a great lover of all things butterfly on my artwork but I do love the Stampotique wings stamp (602.862.8237) so decided to use it as the main focus on my tag. The tag is a little out of the box for me so hence the sentiment.......




Here's a quick run through of the make accompanied by a few pictures I took along the way:

I used 300gsm cold press watercolour white card, which I coloured with Milled Lavender Distress Ink and over stamped, in the same colour, with France's Crackle stamp ( Stampotique 602.862.0237). Then I edged with with Dusty Concord and Black Soot Distress Ink.



I added a few random splatters and rings using the Black Soot DI before adding various bits of washi tape from my stash (the butterfly/moth washi you'll probably recognise as Tim Holtz/Ranger washi).


I stamped the wings directly onto the tag using a Misty, and then again onto a scrap of 300gsm cold press water colour white card, before colouring with Stamping Up markers (Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Red Rose and Rich Razzleberry).

To add some dimension I used seed beads (stash), tiny cogs (eBay), a large TH/Ranger Idea-ology spinner and pen nib. Outlining was done with a light grey Faber Castle Big Brush marker.  The sentiment was computer generated onto a spare scrap of the cold press watercolour card, torn and edged in Dusty Concord DI.



Finally I added two small strips of seam binding dyed with Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord DI before backing the tag with black card to neaten the back and act as a frame.

Hope you like it..... but that's subjective too :-)

Thanks for stopping by

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment