Translate

Saturday 5 May 2018

Grungy Floral - Tag

Happy Bank Holiday everyone,

just a very quick post today to show you what became of the test piece for the Botanical Merchandise tag that I blogged about yesterday. This was that tag........


and this is what became of the test piece......


Pretty much identical, certainly in terms of the background. The only difference is that I used Ranger Texture Paste (opaque crackle) and the whole background is riven with cracks and crevices and a lot more muted in colour. Other than that the making process was exactly the same as for my Botanical Merchandise tag. Check out my earlier post if you are interested in a walk through of how I put that tag together.

As I had a small piece of the Ranger Collage Paper(botanicals) left over I stayed with the botanical theme. I fussy cut the poppy  this time and glued it onto vellum using Ranger Multi Medium (mat). It was coloured using Distress Ink (vintage photo) and adhered to one side of the tag with Golden Heavy Gel (matt). 

To add a little more interest I layered a couple of Ranger Cogs to the centre and filled the centre of these with tiny seed beads which in turn were held in place with Glossy Accents. I also scattered some of the beads over Distress Crackle Paint (rock candy) which I touched randomly over the poppy petals.

The Glossy Accents wasn't quite dry in the photo and is showing opaque.
It is clear when dry and will show the trapped seed beads. 

I used various pieces of Ranger Ephemera (botanicals) around the poppy together with an old train ticket from my stash, a Ranger Mini Plaquette,  a Ranger Tag Label (without the metal casement) and Ranger Film Strip Ribbon.

You can see the lovely cracks and crackles from
the texture paste I used on the background.

I also used another couple of pieces of ephemera from my stash, to one side and again at the top of the tag. Various Ranger Cogs & Gears and Prima Mechanicals (mini hardware) were attached too.


I used an old jewellery box handle instead of a ribbon at the top, but coloured it first using a Sharpie (black). The jump-ring on my tiny date tag fitted snugly between the screw and the font piece of the handle so it's held firmly in place.


I've had a couple of acetate tabs in my stash for an age now and decided to use one to lap over the piece of ephemera I used on the top of the tag. I held it in place with a touch of Glossy Accents and  a couple or three mini staples for interest. I don't have a Ranger tiny attacher but I do have a tiny chicken (!) 

Isn't she cute and she does a perfect job.
Thanks so much for popping by. Enjoy your Bank Holiday and .....

Happy crafting

Carol.  xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment